- About us
- Travel Styles
Peru is one of the most touristic countries in South America due to its natural beauty, its cultural heritage and archaeological sites. Learning Spanish in Peru will give you the opportunity to discover this beautiful country and experience its culture at the same time. A Spanish school located in the amazing city of Cusco offers Spanish classes for all levels and motivations (professional, educational or just for fun). They also provide volunteering programmes, internships, cultural activities and homestay, so you can have a real cultural immersion in the country. Furthermore, they can arrange some tours for you if you want to discover the tourist attractions of the area.
Reasons to choose this programme:
The location of the programme is Cusco, known as the ‘archaeological capital of the Americas’ (Lonely Planet). Nowhere else you have that easy access to old Inca ruins and the impressive culture of the Incas, as well in the city centre as in the wide surroundings of Cusco. The exciting and dynamic city centre was built by the Spaniards on rests of Inca temples and palaces and is nowadays still as crowded and lively as it was in the heydays of the Inca emporium. It has many tourist attractions such as the beautiful squares, the traditional markets, the picturesque San Blas district and the museums about the Inca culture.
The school uses an interactive method of teaching based on learning through practice inside the classroom and around town. Classes are lively with interactive activities to improve the language ability of students through conversation, comprehension, pronunciation, grammar and reading. Furthermore, the additional activities that the school offers (volunteering, internships, cultural and leisure activities) help to learn Spanish more effectively.
Types of courses:
– Standard Spanish courses: You can choose between group classes and individual lessons. The intensity is: 2 hours a day (10 hours a week), 4 hours a day (20 hours a week), and 6 hours a day (30 hours a week). All levels, from beginner to advanced, are available.
– Spanish immersion: 6 hours of classes per day for 4 weeks (120 hours in total), homestay and 4 excursions at the weekends.
– Spanish for special purposes: Spanish classes in the areas of healthcare, business or technical fields. They can prepare you for an internship or for volunteering. 3 hours of individual classes per day (15 hours per week).
Quechua is a native language that is widely spoken in the Andes and is an official language in Peru. Learning Quechua could be very useful if you are going to volunteer or travel in the countryside of Peru. You can take classes by the hour, or take a 15 hour programme (3 hours per day). You’ll need to have at least an intermediate Spanish level as the instruction language used in the Quechua classes is Spanish.
Spanish courses run from Monday to Friday in the morning and afternoon, throughout the whole year. You can choose morning or afternoon classes depending on your preferences or you voluntary work shift (in case you are volunteering). During the week some leisure activities will be offered in the evening. At the weekends students have free time to explore the area on their own or the school can help them to arrange tours with agencies.
The school offers voluntary work in different areas in and around Cusco. Volunteers need to be available for at least 4 weeks and the required level of Spanish depends on the project you choose. The types of projects you can choose from are: education, social work, medical and health care, and organization and marketing. Here you are more information about the Volunteer programme in Cusco.
The school offers one free leisure activity per week to students so they can experience Peruvian culture in their spare time: welcome dinner (in a typical Peruvian restaurant), Peruvian cooking class (prepare a traditional dish and enjoy eating together), salsa lesson (with a professional salsa teacher) and Latin American movie night (so you can improve your Spanish). And also other activities in order to socialize with other students.
Accommodation and meals:
– Homestay: With a carefully selected local guest families. It involves experiencing the culture of the people and provides the opportunity of practising Spanish. You will have your own private bedroom and most of the times free internet access. Full board is included (breakfast, lunch and dinner).
– Apartment: Stay in a shared apartment with other international students. All apartments are located within walking distance from the city centre, are fully furnished (including a fully equipped kitchen) and have free internet access. You will have your own bedroom and share the kitchen, living room and bathroom. Private apartments and studios are available on request.
– Hostal: A good option if you want to share with fellow travellers. The hostal is located in the city centre and has a 24 hour reception. You will have cable TV, a private bathroom, heating, Wi-Fi, free use of the kitchen and free hot drinks. An American breakfast is included and you will have to cook the rest of the meals.
Our local partner cooperates with travel agencies in Cusco to offer you any tour you want to do. You can do treks like the Inca trail to Machu Picchu, visits to the archaeological sites of the Incas, rafting, city tour, a weekend to Lake Titicaca or whatever tour you would like from Cusco. Go with your fellow students, volunteers and interns. You can book in advance if you have an idea of what you want to do over there, or you can book once you are in Cusco.
Courses and packages:
|Courses||Hours/ week||Price/ week|
|Group standard course||20||€105|
|Individual super intensive||30||€210|
|Individual standard course||20||€145|
|Individual half course||10||€80|
|Packages||Hours/ month||Price/ month|
|Spanish immersion (individual classes + homestay + 4 excursions) for 4 weeks||120||€1520|
|Medical package (individual classes + homestay + volunteering + 3 excursions) for 4 weeks||60||€1110|
|Type of accommodation||Type of room||Price per week (first 4 weeks)||Additional week (approx.)|
|Low season||High season||Low season||High season|
|2 single beds||€260||€330||€240||€312|
* The price of the additional weeks are approximate (this might varies with the exchange rate). If you stay for more than 4 weeks, you have the option to pay the additional weeks in Cusco and you can pay in the local currency.
Volunteer program: $50 (you pay this amount directly to the project in Cusco)
* Additional charges: They are optional.
Lima package (airport transfer + hotel): €70
Flight ticket Lima-Cusco: On request.
This price includes:
– Administration costs and pre-departure information.
– Free airport pick up in Cusco with any accommodation.
– The chosen accommodation.
– Meals: All the meals at the homestay and only breakfast at the hostal.
– Free weekly activity.
– Free city map and free tourist information.
– Luggage storage.
– Spanish or Quechua lessons.
– At the school: Free Wi-Fi, study materials and free coffee & tea.
– Student discount card for different bars, restaurants and services in Cusco.
– Tours: Only included in the packages.
This price does not include:
– Flights: Everyone has to book their own flight.
– Visa: The application process and cost are responsibility of every participant.
– Insurance: Everyone is responsible for their own travel insurance and a copy of the insurance contract must be sent to us at least two weeks before the start of the trip.
– Meals: The meals are not included if the chosen accommodation is the apartment and only breakfast is included for the hostal option.
– Transportation from Lima to Cusco.
– Tours: If you are interested in doing some tours, please ask us for the price list.
All year round, but students should arrive at the weekend to start the classes on Monday.
Currency: Nuevo Sol (S/.)(1€ corresponds to about 3.47 PEN).
Climate: The day temperature is year round about 20º C in Cusco. Due to the high altitude, between May and October (winter), temperature can drop to about 3º C or even colder at night. In the summer from December to April, it is a little warmer, but there may be heavy rains.
Health: No vaccination is obligatory, but Typhoid, Hepatitis A, Tetanus and Yellow Fever (for the jungle) are recommended.
Eco-travel directory with tours, stays and volunteer programs that follow the guidelines of sustainable and responsible travel.