- About us
- Travel Styles
Thailand is a country that has much to offer: culture, landscapes, cooking, numerous outdoor activities… However it is a country with high level of poverty. Our volunteer program in Thailand will enable you to make a significant contribution to the people and will give you the opportunity to know the reality of the country. Apart from volunteering, you can also travel to some tourist destinations in Thailand with some tours that our local partner organise for volunteers.
Projects & Locations:
The type of projects you can choose from are:
The location of all the projects is Chiang Mai. This is one of the few places in the country where history and modern Thai culture coexist. Beautiful pagodas and temples are next to modern stores. Chiang Mai also has been the base for trekking and rafting for many years.
Requirements for volunteers:
– Minimum age of 18 years.
– Be able to communicate in English.
– Criminal Background Reference check (for volunteering that involves working with children).
– Teaching certificate preferred for working in the schools, especially long-term volunteers. If not, volunteers will only work alongside with other teachers as assistants but never on their own.
– For teaching volunteers, it is required a minimum of 4 weeks availability.
– Have an interest in the project area, and some knowledge and/or experience is an advantage.
– Flexible and adaptable to different situations.
– Good state of health.
There is a period of orientation for one day prior to volunteering that includes the following topics: Thailand & its culture, Thai language basics, briefing on schedule and project activities, personal safety & code of conduct, cultural responsibility and role of volunteers.
Volunteer tasks at the project:
– Child care: Assist in midday meal; Teach songs, manual arts and games; Encourage physical activities and healthy habits; Provide emotional and social support.
– Teaching: Assist teachers during the classes; Teach English and Math; Games and sport activities; Recreational activities.
– Monk teaching: Teach English, Math and Art & Craft; Preparing learning material; Games and sport activities; Beautification of classrooms.
– Elderly care: Clean their dormitory and make their beds; Wash & dry their clothes; Take care of their health & hygiene; Move them to the different area; Help them in eating food.
Volunteers usually work from Monday to Friday for 5 hours each day, but during the first week there will be only two days of work. During the week some leisure activities will be offered when volunteers are not working. At the weekends volunteers that are on the volunteer + travel programme will go on the tours while the others will have free time to do their own thing.
The organisation offers a number of leisure activities to volunteers so they can experience culture of Thailand in their spare time: local cooking demonstration, visit of local markets, dinner with a local family, etc.
Accommodation and meals:
There is a volunteer house in Chiang Mai with the next facilities available: bedrooms (usually shared with other volunteers, maximum of 4 persons of same gender), recreation lounge, dining area, internet, large open garden. Meals are provided at the volunteer house but volunteers will take packed lunches with them to the projects.
Available tours: (For the volunteer + travel programme)
–Chiang Rai: Small and quiet city on the North, which is famous for its markets, the white temple and the black house. Also the area of Chiang Rai has a lot to show you: mountains, ethnic tribes, several beautiful villages, etc.
–Lampang: This is the third largest city in the North of Thailand. It has lots of archaeological proofs and is considered by Thai people as the last paradise in the country.
–Wat Phra That Doi Suthep: Sacred site to many Thai people. The temple is located on the Doi Suthep mountain.
Volunteer program (2 weeks): €700
Volunteer + travel program (2 weeks): €900
Weekly extension: €150
Single occupancy charges: €140/ £122 additional per week per person
*Twin occupancy charges: €70/ £60 additional per week per person
*Subject to availability of companion to share a twin room
* Note: Prices might increase if there are exchange rate fluctuations/increases
This price includes:
– Transfers from/to Chiang Mai airport.
– Accommodation at the volunteer house with up to 4 participants per room with same gender.
– Authentic Thai meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the programme. At some tours, free days and returning day to airport some of the meals might not be included (this will be specified in your final itinerary).
– Presence of a programme coordinator during your stay.
– Local transportation from accommodation to project.
– Extensive pre-departure information, post-arrival printed material, regular training and support by the organisation to prepare the participants for their experience.
– Tours: For the volunteer + travel programme there will be three tours included (one of 2 days and 1 night, one of 1 day and another of half-day).
This price does not include:
– Flights: Everyone has to book their own flight.
– Visa: The application process and cost are responsibility of every participant.
– Insurance: Everyone is responsible for their own travel insurance and a copy of the insurance contract must be sent to us at least two weeks before the start of the trip.
– Meals: The meals that will not be mentioned in the final itinerary.
|Start Date||2 Weeks||3 Weeks||4 Weeks||6 weeks||8 weeks||12 weeks|
Currency: Bath (1€ corresponds to about 40 Bath).
Climate: Tropical. The period of June to October is characterized by rains and it is better to avoid September and October due to typhoons. The rest of the year is dry.
Documentation: Passport. A visa is necessary if you stay more than 30 days. Anyway you have to contact with the embassy before going.
Health: Hepatitis A and typhoid vaccines are highly recommended.
Eco-travel directory with tours, stays and volunteer programs that follow the guidelines of sustainable and responsible travel.